Bachelor of Science in Business Administration; International Business
The program of study for the International Business major develops business expertise and cultural breadth. Specifically, it includes:
- Business — functional capability
- Students take a concentration of 3 courses (9 credits) in a chosen functional area of business (accounting, economics, finance, management, marketing, or MIS) in order to acquire expertise in a specific area of business.
- Business — international aspects
- Majors also select 3 courses (9 credits) focused on problems specific to business in the international context.
- Language/area studies
- More than anything else, it is the ability to function effectively in more than one culture that sets the IB major apart. Students complete 18 credits of study related to a chosen region of the world. (Regions include: Asia, Latin America, and Western Europe, among others.) In addition to foreign language, these courses may involve study of the politics, history, business, culture, etc. of the target region. Please see International Business Areas of Study on the Lee Business School Undergraduate Advising page for a listing of specific courses satisfying this requirement for each region.
A more detailed description of the program of study appears in the Undergraduate Catalog Business under academic programs administered by the college. Information is also available from the LBS Undergraduate Advising Center.
For information regarding accreditation at UNLV, please head over to Academic Program Accreditations.
- Demonstrate third year language proficiency and cultural knowledge in the student's chosen foreign language
- Demonstrate working knowledge of a chosen functional area of business
- Explain the factors that determine international trade patterns and capital flows, and analyze their impact on global business operations
- Identify the major components of culture and explain how cultural differences affect the conduct of business
If there are no Plans of Study listed under this program, they may be listed under one of its sub-plans.