Bachelor of Science in Health Physics
The mission of the B.S. in Health Physics Program is to provide a high-quality undergraduate education experience for students in the field of radiation safety. The educational experience is accomplished through rigorous classroom instruction aided by computer and multi-media instruction, practical laboratory experiences, an introduction to the principles of research, and mentoring.
The products of this experience are entry-level professionals capable of critical thinking and problem solving, devoted to a lifetime of learning, committed to the ethical standards of their profession, and highly sought after by employers.
For information regarding accreditation at UNLV, please head over to Academic Program Accreditations.
- Graduates well grounded in science and math disciplines related to health physics.
- Graduates well grounded in the theoretical fundamentals of health physics.
- Graduates capable of assessing and solving problems related to health physics.
- Graduates will demonstrate competence with experimental equipment and techniques.
- Graduates will be effective communicators of technical information in both written and oral form.
- Graduates will be able to function within a team.
- Graduates will be able to participate in the research process and disseminate results.
- Graduates cognizant of the need for life-long learning and professional responsibility.
- Graduates will demonstrate the ability to assess and solve problems in a professional setting.
- Graduates will demonstrate knowledge of health physics ethics and professional responsibility.
Health physicists work in a variety of disciplines, including:
- Environmental protection
- Enforcement of government regulations
Although the health physicist usually concentrates in one of these disciplines, a professional health physicist typically performs duties in several areas.
Plans of Study
- 2018-19, 4 Year Plan of Study
- 2018-19, Pre-Professional 4 Year Plan of Study
- 2016, 4 Year Plan of Study
- 2016, Pre-Professional 4 Year Plan of Study
- 2015, 4 Year Plan of Study
- 2015, Pre-Professional 4 Year Plan of Study
- 2012, 4 Year Plan of Study
- 2012, Pre-Professional 4 Year Plan of Study