Advanced Graduate Certificate in Medical Physics
The Certificate in Medical Physics is designed to provide individuals holding terminal degrees in physics or a closely related field with the didactic coursework required for eligibility to enter radiation therapy physics residency programs. This is a two-semester certificate offering courses in basic radiation sciences and clinical medical physics. The Certificate is accredited by CAMPEP.
Graduates of the Certificate in Medical Physics will:
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the fundamental principles associated with the clinical use of both ionizing and non-ionizing radiations.
- Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of the operation of radiation producing and detecting devices commonly used in therapeutic and diagnostic applications.
- Have an understanding of the basic computational principles associated with therapeutic and diagnostic applications.
- Have a complete understanding of the wide-ranging clinical duties of therapeutic and diagnostic medical physicists.
- Be capable of effectively communicating technical information in both oral and written form.
Be prepared to pursue a lifetime of self-directed learning and professional development.
Medical physicists are typically employed in:
- Imaging centers
- Radiation oncology centers
- University medical centers