TRIO SSS Grant in Aid
TRIO SSS STEM Grant in Aid
The TRIO SSS STEM Grant in Aid is a supplement to the financial aid already provided by the University. It is intended to reduce loans and "unmet financial need” as determined by the University’s Financial Aid and Scholarship Office. Recipients are selected based on TRIO SSS project participation, eligibility, and financial need. For the Fall 22 semester, awards will be based on financial need, credit hours, project participation, and availability of funds.
Applications will be considered for students who meet the following criteria:
- Freshman or Sophomore status as of Spring Semester 2023.
- Be an Active* participant in UNLV TRIO Student Support Services STEM program and committed to continuing to participate in the TRIO Student Support Services Project for this academic year.
- Awarded Pell Grant for Academic Year 2022-2023
- Have “unmet financial need” as determined by the University Office of Student Financial Aid, OR have been offered/awarded federal student loans without which there would be “unmet financial need.”
- Currently in good academic standing (2.0 or higher cumulative GPA) with the University.
- Students who have received an SSS award in the past will be considered if the terms of the participation agreement during past semesters were met and students are otherwise eligible.
*An active participant is a student who is enrolled at the University, who has been selected to participate in the UNLV TRIO Student Support Services Project, and who is or will be regularly receiving advising and other services (instruction, tutoring, etc.) from the UNLV TRIO Student Support Services Project.