The American Indian Alliance (AIA) is composed of faculty and staff who are committed to advancing Native American/Alaska Native education.
The alliance advises and supports efforts to:
- Recruit, retain, and advance Native American/Alaska Native students, faculty, and staff.
- Foster a climate supportive of positive experiences for Native American/Alaska Native students, faculty, and staff—an environment that attracts, welcomes, and retains students, faculty, and staff.
- Ease the transition to campus life by creating an environment that emphasizes involvement, inclusion, and identification with the campus community.
- Create and sustain a First Nations community that celebrates achievements, acknowledges milestones, represents concerns, and provides advocacy.
- Promote open communication and strengthen relationships between UNLV and Native American/Alaska Native communities.