To be a part of Detachment 004, you’ll first attend an ROTC New Cadet Orientation.
You can begin your application to join AFROTC, or apply for a high school scholarship.
The following covers areas that would preclude AFROTC membership but does not preclude any student from enrolling in an aerospace studies class:
- Conscientious objectors
- Present or former commissioned officers
- Officers of the Health Services and Mental Health Administration and members of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
- Previous history of medical conditions or ongoing treatment
- Individuals on active duty with any military service (does not include enlisted/warrant officers of Reserve or National Guard)
- Students who do not or cannot meet required standards of weight, appearance, decorum, discipline, and military performance
- Individuals disenrolled from a previous officer training program
As part of your introduction to the Air Force ROTC program here at Detachment 004, we’d like to invite you to visit our program and meet our cadets. Trying to juggle full-time studies, Air Force ROTC, and possibly part-time employment can be challenging. But don't be discouraged. Thousands of cadets across the nation are able to meet these challenges and excel. We hope you'll realize, just as we do, that this will be one of the most rewarding experiences of your life!