15 to Finish
Earn your degree on time. Take 15 credits a semester or 30 credits a year to finish faster.
You increase your chances of graduatingThe more credits you complete each semester, the fewer opportunities you give life to sidetrack your studies.
You increase your optionsThe sooner you finish your studies, the faster you can get started with your career and life outside of school. Once you have your bachelor’s degree, you can travel, volunteer, or even get a head start on an advanced degree.
You increase your incomeIn Nevada, a person with a bachelor’s degree earns $18,000 more per year than a person with only a high school diploma. The faster you earn your degree, the sooner you can start your career and start earning more.
- Your advisor will help you decide on the classes you need to take that will work around your schedule while helping you complete your degree requirements.
- Work with your advisor to map out each semester of your degree program. Download this handout and use the back page to plan each semester of your four-year degree.
- If you cannot take 15 or more credits in the fall or spring semester, take 12 credits each in fall and spring, and six credits during the summer or winter to stay on track.
- Stay up-to-date on course offerings and events by checking MyUNLV every week. This is how you will know about important deadlines, academic events and registration information.
- Meet with your academic advisor at least once a semester.
- Create your four-year plan.
- Enroll in 15 credits each fall and spring semester.
- Use MyUNLV to help you stay on track.