National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity
The NCFDD is a nationally recognized, independent organization that provides online career development and mentoring resources for faculty, post-docs, and graduate students. We encourage you to take advantage of the resources available to you through the NCFDD.
UNLV’s institutional membership* provides the following access to NCFDD resources:
- Monthly Core Curriculum Webinars to guide academic professionals through the mastery of important skills (i.e., time management, a daily writing practice, semester goals and plan, stress management, etc.). These webinars are also available on demand, with recorded versions on the web to view anytime.
- Guest Expert Webinars and Multi-Week Courses to meet the diverse needs of faculty, postdocs, and graduate students. Topics include specific skills training, health and wellness, self-promotion, advice for teaching/learning, tips for advancing a research agenda, and other member-requested topics.
- Dissertation Success Curriculum to help graduate students overcome the three biggest obstacles to finishing a dissertation: perfectionism, procrastination, and isolation.
- Private Discussion Forums for peer-mentoring, problem-solving, and moderated writing challenges.
- 14-Day Writing Challenges to develop a daily writing practice to boost writing productivity.
- Weekly emails, titled Monday Motivators, to remind users of important concepts taught within the core curriculum and to reinforce new practices.
- Member Library that includes past webinar materials and recommended readings
* NCFDD resources/services beyond those listed above are not included in UNLV’s institutional membership but can be purchased at an additional cost to the individual user.
Create an Account
Membership is free and open to all university faculty and staff. To create your account:
- Go to the membership sign up page
- Choose your institution from the drop-down menu.
- Select "Activate my Membership"
- Complete the registration form using your institutional email address (i.e. @unlv.edu or @unlv.nevada.edu).
- Since this is a national program, please note that the appointment types/job positions may vary from UNLV’s specific job categories. Please select the job category that best describes your current position/role at UNLV.
- Go to your institution email to find a confirmation/welcome email. Click "Activate Account " in the email.
Members who have activated their account can log in here.
Virtual Professional Development Seminars from HR
Human Resources is pleased to offer virtual professional development seminars for all UNLV employees. Seminars are designed to build skills in a wide-range of topics that directly relate to the work we do here at UNLV. Trainers create an engaging environment that combines presentations and activities with thought-provoking discussions.
Other Online Professional Development Opportunities
UNLV has memberships in these other organizations that provide a variety of opportunities to invest in your learning and growth:
- Academic Impressions – An online library of tools, training, and resources geared specifically toward institutions of higher education.
- EAB - Our research partnership with EAB provides everyone at UNLV with resources to learn about best practices in higher education and discover actionable insights.
- Educause – An association that supports those who lead, manage, deploy, and use information technology to advance higher education. UNLV faculty and staff have access to Educause tools, research, peers, and professional learning.
- LinkedIn Learning – Thousands of on-demand courses on business, creative, and technology skills.