National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity
UNLV has joined the National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity (NCFDD) as an Institutional Member. The NCFDD is a nationally-recognized, independent organization that provides online career development and mentoring resources for faculty, post-docs, and graduate students. We encourage you to take advantage of the resources available to you through the NCFDD.
Below is a brief description of what is offered through UNLV’s institutional membership.*
- Access to monthly Core Curriculum Webinars to guide academic professionals through the mastery of important skills (i.e., time management, a daily writing practice, semester goals and plan, stress management, etc.).
- Access to Guest Expert Webinars and Multi-Week Courses to meet the diverse needs of faculty, postdocs, and graduate students. Topics include specific skills-training, health and wellness, self-promotion, advice for teaching/learning, tips for advancing a research agenda, and other member-requested topics.
- Access to a Dissertation Success Curriculum to help graduate students overcome the three biggest obstacles to finishing a dissertation: perfectionism, procrastination, and isolation.
- Access to private Discussion Forums for peer-mentoring, problem-solving, and moderated writing challenges.
- Access to 14-Day Writing Challenges to develop a daily writing practice to boost writing productivity.
- Access to weekly emails, titled Monday Motivators, to remind users of important concepts taught within the core curriculum and to reinforce new practices.
- Access to the Member Library that includes past webinar materials and recommended readings
* NCFDD resources/services beyond those listed above are not included in UNLV’s institutional membership but can be purchased at an additional cost to the individual user.
To claim your free institutional membership services:
- Go to http://www.facultydiversity.org/join
- Choose your institution from the drop-down menu.
- Select "Activate my Membership"
- Complete the registration form using your institutional email address (i.e. @unlv.edu or @unlv.nevada.edu).
- Since this is a national program, please note that the appointment types/job positions may vary from UNLV’s specific job categories. Please select the job category that best describes your current position/role at UNLV.
- Go to your institution email to find a confirmation/welcome email. Click "Activate Account " in the email.
For Questions About Academic Faculty Membership, please contact: Melissa Bowles-Terry, Interim Director of Faculty Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For General Institutional Membership Questions, please contact: Dr. Barbee Myers Oakes, Chief Diversity Officer at email@example.com.