Jennifer Pharr, Ph.D.
Associate Professor and Graduate Coordinator
Jennifer Pharr, Ph.D., is an Associate Professor in the School of Public Health's Environmental and Occupational Health Department. Her research interests include: the intersection of sport, physical activity and health; barriers in the built environment that impede healthy behaviors such as participation in preventative care and physical activity; the use of social marketing to promote health and disparities in healthcare/health service utilization of vulnerable populations. She is active in Southern Nevada Strong, a project funded by a 3.5 million dollar HUD grant to plan a sustainable community in Southern Nevada. She also serves as a board member on the Nevada Commission on Services for Persons with Disabilities.
- Barriers that impede healthy behaviors such as preventive care and disease prevention
- Interventions to reduce barriers to healthy behaviors
- Disparities in healthcare/health service utilization of vulnerable populations
- The intersection of sport, physical activity and health
- The use of social marketing to promote health
Technical and scientific writing, faculty writing productivity, faculty writing groups, scholarship of teaching and learning coach, mixed methods research