As Vice President for Business Affairs and Chief Financial Officer, Casey H. Wyman represents UNLV on the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) Business Officers Council (BOC) and leads the Business Affairs division, which consists of more than 500 employees who deliver essential infrastructure services for the university. Mr. Wyman creates goals, policies, and procedures and sets priorities for NSHE finance and administrative functions. He is committed to collaborative leadership, furthering academic excellence, communicating with the campus community and external stakeholders, maximizing existing relationships, and creating new opportunities that align with UNLV's Top Tier 2.0 mission.
Mr. Wyman has over 25 years of leadership and financial management experience in the U.S. Air Force. Before coming to UNLV in 2023, he served as the Director of Financial Management/Chief Financial Officer for the U.S. Air Force Academy. In this role, he provided strategic direction for the budgeting and execution of major infrastructure areas of the academy and oversaw a team of financial managers responsible for appropriated resources, treasury accounts, and auxiliary funds. He also served as a Chief Financial Officer and Squadron Commander for multiple Air Force bases and has experience in operation and maintenance (O&M) appropriations, audit compliance, policy writing, and financial metric reporting.
Education & Certifications
- Air War College, Air University
- Master of Miliatary Operational Art/Science, Air Command & Staff College
- Master of Business Administration, Troy University
- Bachelor of Finance, Auburn University
Professional Service & Associations
- American Society of Military Comptrollers (ASMC)
- Auburn Alumni Association Member
- Department of Defense Certified Financial Manager
- Western Association of College and University Business Officers (WACUBO)
- Air Force Material Command Gen Alfred K. Flower Comptroller Org of the Year
- General Larry O’ Spencer Team Award for Excellence