Allison McNickle, M.D., M.S.
Assistant Professor, Department of Surgery
Dr. McNickle is Board-certified in general surgery and surgical critical care. Dr. McNickle completed the Acute Care Surgery fellowship at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas and currently serves as its Associate Program Director. She is an Assistant Professor at the UNLV School of Medicine and the Section Chief of Trauma Surgery.
Dr. McNickle has a trauma surgery and research background, with a special interest in trauma resuscitation and the management of extremity injuries. She was honored for “Excellence in Research” by the Surgical Critical Care Program Directors Society for her research on tourniquets. In addition to her clinical practice, she actively trains others to care for trauma patients through Advanced Trauma Life Support and Stop the Bleed courses.
During medical school, Dr. McNickle completed a one-year research fellowship/Master’s program in Anatomy studying cartilage transplantation. She authored articles and chapters in peer-reviewed publications and presented at the American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine Annual Meeting. In her clinical practice as a trauma surgeon, Dr. McNickle has an ongoing interest in the management of extremity injuries.
Dr. McNickle was raised in the Chicago suburbs and now resides in Las Vegas. She is an outdoor enthusiast, spending her free time hiking, climbing and canyoneering.
- Career Interests: Trauma Surgery
- Board Certification: General Surgery and Surgical Critical Care, American Board of Surgery
- Fellowship: Acute Care Surgery, University of Nevada Las Vegas, School of Medicine
- Residency: General Surgery, University of Illinois-Chicago at Mount Sinai
- Medical School: MD, Rush Medical College
- Graduate School: MS, Anatomy, Rush Graduate College
- Undergraduate: Johns Hopkins University