Nevada Regents' Scholar Award
The Office of Undergraduate Research is pleased to announce the opening of the nomination period for the 2021 Nevada Regents’ Scholar Award for undergraduate students. Nominations, including the completed application packet and materials supporting the nomination, are invited through 5:00 p.m. on Friday, October 23, 2020. Application packets should be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. This award, which carries with it a $5,000 cash stipend, will be awarded to one (1) undergraduate student.
Awards are to be based upon distinguished academic accomplishments (including research and other scholarly activities), leadership ability, and service contributions while a registered student, as well as for the recipient’s potential for continued success. All nominations must be submitted in writing on behalf of the student. Detailed eligibility requirements and instructions for the nominator and nominee can be found in the attached documents below.
- Nominees must be currently enrolled in no fewer than nine (9) undergraduate credits in the semester in which they are nominated (Fall 2020).
- University undergraduate student nominees must have completed a minimum of 62 total credit hours within NSHE institutions by the time the award is granted.
- Leadership and service accomplishments must have occurred while the nominee is a registered NSHE student.
- Nominations must be submitted by an academic or administrative faculty member.
Application Process & Deadline
Nominations must be submitted via email to email@example.com by an academic or administrative faculty member, and will include the following items:
- The nominator submits:
- The signed, dated, and completed nomination Nevada Regents' Scholar Award for Undergraduates form and
- A formal letter of nomination (1 page maximum) addressing the following award criteria (also found on the nomination form):
- The candidate’s academic accomplishments. This should include a discussion of the applicant’s research and scholarly activities.
- The candidate’s leadership contributions, both on- and off-campus, that occurred while the candidate was a registered NSHE student
- The candidate’s potential for continued success
- Please note the eligibility requirements listed in the Eligibility Section.
- The student nominee should provide the nominator with the following materials to be included in the complete application packet submitted by the faculty nominator:
- A current copy of the applicant’s Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- This is an academic CV that details an individual’s academic and research training, experience, and accomplishments.
- A Personal Statement (1 page maximum) that addresses the following question:
- How would you assess your experience at UNLV academically and personally, and how has your UNLV experience, in the broadest sense, prepared you for achieving your future goals?
- This should include discussion of your academic, research, and scholarly accomplishments, and your leadership experience as a UNLV / NSHE student.
- Additional letters of support are optional
- The nominee’s materials must be submitted by the nominator via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, by the application deadline (5 p.m. on Friday, October 23, 2020).
Applications missing any component listed above are considered incomplete and therefore will not be considered for the Nevada Regents’ Scholar Award, and additional application components will not be considered.
Nominations, including the completed application packet and materials supporting the nomination, are due at 5:00 pm on Friday, October 23, 2020.
- 2020 - Dylan Wallace, Howard R. Hughes College of Engineering
- 2019 - Hannah Patenaude, College of Sciences, College of Liberal Arts
- 2018 - Jessa Li, College of Sciences, College of Liberal Arts
- 2017 - Nemanja Novakovic, College of Sciences