a cluster of flags form different countries displayed

At the UNLV Passport Services Office, you can apply for routine U.S. passport services with the option of paying an additional $60 per application for expedited service. Estimated passport processing times constantly change so we cannot provide you with an accurate processing time estimate. Please visit the U.S. Department of State website for the most up to date status with passport processing times. Please be advised that processing times begin the day an application is received by the passport agency or center, not on the day the customer applied for a passport at an acceptance facility. More details on the U.S. Department of State website.

FAQs for U.S. Passports

This page contains a summary of some pertinent information regarding U.S. passports. Find more detailed and current information on the U.S. Department of State website.

Yes. UNLV Passport Services is available to the entire Las Vegas community. Applicants with ID's that are not from Nevada or any states neighboring Nevada should bring in their social security card as well. For these situations, we require a secondary form of ID.

Prior to your visit, please complete and print a Passport Application Form (DS-11). Do not sign the application form.

The Passport Application must be typed and/or printed using black ink prior to the appointment.

To process your application, a certified birth certificate (abstract birth certificates are not accepted), Certificate of Naturalization or previous U.S. passport is needed. In addition, please bring a government issued photo ID (driver’s license, state ID card or military ID).

Proof of Identification is required for all applicants, as well as a photocopy of it. For adult applicants, a valid driver’s license, passport, or naturalization certificate can be used. A passport photo taken within the last 6 months must accompany your application.

For minors, proof of parent's identification will be used. For photocopies of ID cards, please copy the front and back of it.

Proof of parental relationship (original/certified birth certificate) is required for all applicants 15 years of age and under. If the applicant already has a previous passport that will be submitted with the application, a photocopy of the birth certificate is still required.

Original documents will accompany the application and will be returned to you by the Department of State. Please also include a photocopy of any original documents (birth certificates, marriage certificates, passports, etc.).

A passport photo is required in order to process your application.

Yes. We offer two perfectly sized photos for $15. We also offer photocopying services.

If you are providing us with passport photos, make sure they meet the requirements for passport compliant photos.

The applicant must be present. Special rules apply when an application is for a minor’s passport. Please review the chart below for who should be present when a passport request is being made for a minor:

Who Should Be Present for a Minor?

15 and under - Both parents (if both parents are on the birth certificate)
16 – 17 One parent

If the father of a minor 15 and under does not appear on the minor’s birth certificate, he does not need to be present and he does not need to provide consent.

The non-present parent must complete and provide the applying parent with a consent form. The consent form must be notarized and a copy of the front and back of the identification used to have the form notarized must be presented with the form.

We can process renewals for minors and for applicants whose most recent passport was issued more than 15 years ago. If an applicant is an adult and their most recent passport was issued less than 15 years ago, they should renew by mail using the blue renewal form. We are not permitted to process such renewals.

We should have all necessary forms available in our office. The Passport Application Form (DS-11) can also be found online.

There are two types of passports issued by the U.S. Department of State: the passport book and the passport card.

The passport book enables travelers to travel internationally using any method (land, sea, or air) and to any acceptable destination. However, the passport card restricts travelers to land or sea travel only to the following destinations: Canada, Mexico, or the Caribbean. Travelers may not fly using only the passport card and are restricted to travel to the three countries previously mentioned.

Two separate payments are required.

  1. Payment for the execution fee can only be made by credit card or debit card only.
  2. Make Payable to U.S. Department of State for application and express fees in the form of a check, money order, or cashier’s check.
Adult Applicants (16 Years and Older)
What are you applying for? Application Fee
Payable to the US Department of State
Execution Fee
Payable to Board of Regents
First-time Adult Passport Book $130* $35
First-time Adult Passport Card $30 $35
First-time Adult Passport Book and Card $160* $35

* This fee reflects a $20 increase on passport books effective December 27, 2021.

Minor Applicants (15 Years and Younger)
What are you applying for? Application Fee
Payable to the US Department of State
Execution Fee
Payable to Board of Regents
Minor Passport Book $100* $35
Minor Passport Card $15 $35
Minor Passport Book and Card $115* $35

* This fee reflects a $20 increase on passport books effective December 27, 2021.

Adult Applicants (16 Years and Older)
Optional Fees (paid to the U.S. Department of State)
Expedite Fee Paid per application, in addition to required fees. Provides faster processing than routine service. $60

Passport renewals are completed by the passport holder by mail. If you have/had a U.S. passport you may renew your passport without appearing in person at a passport acceptance facility if your most recent passport meets these requirements:

If any of the above statements do not apply to you, you must Apply in Person using form DS-11.

  • Can be submitted with your application
  • Is undamaged (other than normal “wear and tear”)
  • Was issued when you were age 16 or older
  • Was issued within the last 15 years
  • Was issued in your current name (or you can document your name change with an original or certified copy of your marriage certificate, divorce decree, or court order)
  • When renewing minor passports, even if the previous passport is brought in, parents are still required to bring in at least a copy of the minor's birth certificate.

If you require additional tracking other than the standard delivery of your passport application (ie, shipping overnight, additional tracking, etc.), it can be provided at an additional cost. Standard passport applications will be batched daily and mailed via USPS.

You can track the status of your passport application by visiting the U.S. Department of State Website

Find the most current information on the U.S. Department of State website.

We do accept walk-ins if there are no appointments already booked. However, as our passport services are appointment-based, there is no guarantee that someone will be at our passport location at all times. We highly recommend making an appointment ahead of time to guarantee we can accommodate your passport service needs.

Appointment Cancellations

If you need to cancel your appointment, please contact the UNLV Passport Services Office within one hour of your appointment at 702-895-0948.

Parking Information

Passport Services

Parking is available in front of the Student Union in Lot D at University of Nevada, Las Vegas. Lot D is located on the southeast region of campus and can be accessed from Maryland Parkway. 

The best way to access the reserved parking spots is to turn into Harmon from Maryland Parkway and make a left to access the Lot D parking lot.

Visitor/Pay Space parking is available for visitors. Please visit the Parking & Transportation Services website for more information on parking available and parking fees.

Contact Us

The UNLV Passport Services Office is located inside Rebel Copy & Send at the Student Union (SU), first floor.

Rebel Copy and Send

University of Nevada, Las Vegas
4505 S. Maryland Pkwy.
Las Vegas, NV 89154

Campus Location
Student Union (SU), First Floor

Passport Service Hours

Monday - Friday: 10 a.m. – 3 p.m., Closed Saturday and Sunday.
Phone: 702-895-0948
Email: passports@unlv.edu