Post-Professional Occupational Therapy Doctorate
This program is a completely online post-professional occupational therapy doctorate (PP-OTD). It is an advanced degree for practicing occupational therapists, i.e. those who already have earned a Master’s Degree in Occupational Therapy. It is designed to serve current working professionals who wish to advance their careers by earning a higher degree in order to assume positions in teaching, advanced clinical practice, and/or leadership positions.
For accreditation information, please head over to Academic Program Accreditations.
- Students will demonstrate their advanced knowledge of occupational therapy practice through the attainment of course-level learning outcomes in the post-professional OTD program, measured by key assignments throughout their coursework.
- Students will demonstrate advanced-level skill in the Evidence-Based Practice Course through the development of a clinical research question that they will investigate further in their Capstone project.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to analyze the impact of social determinants by successfully writing a detailed research paper on one aspect of the social determinants of health in the Social Determinants of Health course.
- Students will demonstrate effective skills in teaching others about occupational therapy within and outside of the profession through developing and delivering a course, workshop, or lecture to an occupational therapy audience of students and/or practitioners.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to synthesize their advanced knowledge by successfully completing a Capstone Project that leads to either publication and/or professional presentation.