The UNLV School of Dental Medicine, Advanced Education in Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics offers a 60-month combined Doctorate Degree and Certificate residency program. The class size is 2 residents per year and begins in July of each year. The program is designed to offer a broad spectrum of didactic, clinical, research, and teaching experience in the field of orthodontics and dentofacial orthopedics. The emphasis of this program is the development of researchers that will further the scientific advancement in scholarly research, foster innovation and creativity, and support investigations that will further the understanding of clinical practice in oral health.
For information regarding accreditation at UNLV, please head over to Academic Program Accreditations.
- Develop outstanding clinical skills to allow quality patient care and service.
- Achieve competencies required for Board Certification.
- Demonstrate competence in the provision of didactic and clinical instruction for educational purposes.
- Develop and complete major research project in conjunction with Ph.D. program.
- Complete, present, and defend dissertation for Ph.D. program.
- Demonstrate cultural sensitivity when serving underserved populations in the state of Nevada.
Doctor of Philosophy - Oral Biology
Plans of Study