Master of Science - Accounting
The Master of Science in Accounting program (MSA) is designed to provide professional preparation at the graduate level for students wishing to pursue careers and advancement in taxation, public accounting, managerial or corporate accounting, and government. Our graduate courses help students extend and integrate their accounting knowledge by building on the knowledge received in undergraduate programs. The MSA also provides the necessary course work for sitting for the CPA exam in Nevada and other 150-hour jurisdictions.
Students may pursue either a full-time or part-time course of study to complete the 30-credit program. Students need not have an undergraduate degree in accounting or business. However, those without the undergraduate coursework on which the program builds will be required to complete those courses in addition to the 30-credit program.
Pursuing a career in accounting can provide a lifetime of professional opportunities. Earning your MSA is an investment in yourself and your future.
For information regarding accreditation at UNLV, please head over to Academic Program Accreditations.
Graduates of the M.S. in Accounting program should have:
- An advanced understanding of global accounting principles necessary to launch a career in accounting.
- The ability to integrate information technology in addressing accounting issues.
- The ability to communicate professionally.
- An expanded understanding of the legal and ethical issues faced by the accounting profession.
- Experience and skill in working collaboratively.
- An understanding of the strategic role accounting plays in business organizations.