Minor in Gerontology
The Gerontology Minor at UNLV is your doorway to career opportunities in the field of aging. Nevada and the greater Clark County area are fast becoming the home of senior adults. This expansion is leading to many new career opportunities in the field of aging, and the minor in Gerontology offers a comprehensive training program that prepares students to effectively work with older adults in a wide variety of settings
For information regarding accreditation at UNLV, please head over to Academic Program Accreditations.
- Demonstrate awareness of the aging process and the role/place of older adults in society.
- Examine inequality across the life course and its disparate impact in later life.
- Understand the impact of population aging on society in general.
- Articulate and apply theories, methods and critical perspectives relevant to the interdisciplinary study of gerontology.
- Build an intellectual foundation as a basis for further study and taking advantage of career opportunities in aging.
If there are no Plans of Study listed under this program, they may be listed under one of its sub-plans.