Minor in Family Studies
The Family Studies Minor prepares students to pursue graduate work in family studies, human development, couple and family therapy, and other professions in mental health. The minor focuses on personal growth, maximizing your potential, and understanding both yourself and others better.
For information regarding accreditation at UNLV, please head over to Academic Program Accreditations.
- List and apply various models of family studies.
- Summarize principles of healthy interpersonal relationships.
- Summarize historic and contemporary developments and issues pertaining to couple and family relationships.
- Apply a variety of theoretical models to describe couple and family relationships.
- Discover trends in the couple and family therapy treatment literature.