The Accounting profession continue to undergo significant changes, becoming both broader and more complex. Accountants are trusted, objective professionals who provide information for decision making and serve as business advisers. Many accountants land top executive positions because of their background, integrity, and skills developed through education and professional experience. The Accounting Minor is designed for students who complete other majors but wish to acquire significant knowledge related to financial and managerial accounting, taxation, auditing, and accounting information systems. The accounting program is accredited by AACSB – The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
For information regarding accreditation at UNLV, please head over to Academic Program Accreditations.
- Describe accounting principles necessary to launch a professional career.
- Apply critical and analytical decision-making skills to accounting issues.
- Communicate professionally.
- Recognize ethical and legal issues facing financial professionals.
- Explain current events in the global business environment.
- Work effectively in a team setting.
- Effectively use emerging accounting and business information technology.
- Research technical accounting issues.
- 7.85 KB
Minor in Accounting
Plans of Study