Bachelor of Arts in Theatre; Concentration in Stage and Screen Acting
This new undergraduate program of study is designed for students interested in pursuing a professional career on the stage and screen. It offers conservatory-style training for the serious acting student in all aspects of performance including professional actor training, camera training for film and television as well as voice, movement and speech training with a special emphasis on all styles of acting. Admission is by audition only. The program is lead by UNLV's distinguished faculty with professional careers in the acting industry.
For information regarding accreditation at UNLV, please head over to Academic Program Accreditations.
- Communication Techniques- appropriate for the concentration that may include some or all of these techniques: acting, voice, movement, dance, computer and hand drafting, drawing and painting, collage construction, and speech, model building
- Production Skills- appropriate for the concentration that may include some or all of these skills: rehearsal etiquette, learning lines, practicing scenes, construction skills used in the lighting, scenery, and costume production studios, as well as following direction, performance responsibilities and time management
- Academic Skills- writing, research, discussion
- Professional preparation- self marketing as is timely and appropriate in their program- preparing audition material, attending auditions, creating a resume, learning networking techniques, portfolio preparation- from digital to hard copy, applying to graduate schools
- The ability to study and analyze plays; have an understanding of genre, style, and direction through the study of plays and theatre history
- An understanding of the contextual importance of theatre in the humanities, in the fine arts and part of the human experience
Plans of Study
- 2012-14, 4-Year - Equal Emphasis
- 2012-14, 5-Year - Equal Emphasis
- 2012-14, 4-Year - Stage Acting Emphasis
- 2012-14, 5-Year - Stage Acting Emphasis
- 2012-14, 4-Year - Screen Acting Emphasis
- 2012-14, 5-Year - Screen Acting Emphasis