Bachelor of Arts in Multidisciplinary Studies
The degree program in Multidisciplinary Studies is designed for the student who has clear interests and objectives that overlap colleges and/or departments, and whose objectives cannot reasonably be met through existing majors and minors. The program offers students the opportunity to focus and harness their energies by providing plans of study tailored to their individual interests through the incorporation of courses or sets of courses offered in departments and colleges across campus. As such, the program emphasizes flexibility and combines specialized knowledge from individual disciplines as a means of approaching and analyzing problems from divergent and multidisciplinary perspectives. Students participate in a capstone during their final semester, demonstrating the incorporation of their areas of study into a project, presentation, and paper.
- Design and complete an individualized and interdisciplinary course of study not currently offered at UNLV.
- Identify connections between academic disciplines and engage in interdisciplinary problem-solving.
- Articulate and apply theories, methods and critical perspectives from at least two academic disciplines.
- Communicate ideas in written and oral form.
- Demonstrate competency in relevant communication technologies.
- Build an intellectual foundation to support continuous learning.
- Option A - 2018-19
- Option B - 2018-19
- Option A - 2017-18
- Option B - 2017-18
- Option A - 2016-17
- Option B - 2016-17
- Option A - 2015-16
- Option B - 2015-16
- Option A - 2014-15
- Option B - 2014-15
- Option A - 2012-14
- Option B - 2012-14
- Option A - 2010-12
- Option B - 2010-12
- Option A - 2008-10
- Option B - 2008-10