The CICFC provides counseling for those experiencing personal, couple/marital or family difficulties.
The center offers low-cost counseling for:
- Anger Management
- Career Decisions
- Child Behavior Problems
- Communication Problems
- Coping Skills
- Parenting Skills
- Pre-marital Counseling
- Relationship Difficulties
- Limited Spanish-speaking services are available.
The center does NOT provide the following:
- Psychiatric Evaluations or Medication
- Custody Evaluations or Expert Testimony for Court
- Psychological Assessment/Testing
- Treatment for Intimate Partner Violence
- Treatment for Alcohol/Substance Abuse
The center treats individuals struggling with anxiety, depression, grief, loss, LGBTQ issues, relationship difficulties, sexual abuse, self-esteem, trauma, and work difficulties.
The center treats couples with issues such as communication, conflict, infidelity, trust, parenting, emotional intimacy, separation/divorce, and sexual difficulties.
The center treats families dealing with issues such as abuse, blending families, child discipline, communication, conflict, grief, loss, and step-families.
When You Should Consider Counseling
Sometimes the hardest thing is admitting that you need help with a difficult situation. The challenges of everyday life can become very difficult and overwhelming, with no solutions in sight. There is, however, help available. Therapists provide an objective point of view and can help you identify resources of which you are not aware. Therapists also can help you acquire skills to cope with your current challenges, whether they are internal struggles, personal relationships, or issues related to school or work settings.
You should consider seeking counseling if:
- The solutions you try don't seem to work.
- Worrying about your problems gets in the way of doing what you need to do (school, work, family, etc.).
- Your reactions to people and/or difficult situations are stronger than usual.
- You are feeling hopeless with nowhere to turn for help.
- You wish you could talk to someone to help you sort through things.
- You know it's time to make a change.