Advanced Graduate Certificate in Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner for the FNP
This three semester, 21-credit post-master's advanced graduate certificate program prepares family nurse practitioners to expand their practice specialty to include management of patients with acute and chronic psychiatric conditions. Building upon the existing skill set of the primary care psychotherapeutic management skills. Successful completion of the program meets the national certification board eligibility requirements.
For information regarding accreditation at UNLV, please head over to Academic Program Accreditations.
- Competently assess, diagnose, prescribe, evaluate and create a holistic plan of mental health treatment.
- Articulate the professional role, which includes the ethical code of conduct and scope of advanced practice of the psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner.
- Develop and monitor comprehensive, holistic plans of care that address the health promotion and disease prevention needs of diverse psychiatric mental health client populations.
- Assess and monitor teaching/learning needs in a diverse psychiatric mental health client population.
- Practice ethically in the conduct of research, management, and clinical professional practice.