The Graduate Certificate for Global Teaching prepares students with the knowledge, skills and dispositions to teach in International Baccalaureate World schools in Nevada and around the world.
For information regarding accreditation at UNLV, please head over to Academic Program Accreditations.
- Articulate a description of the IB k-12 curriculum framework and he it relates to the Learner Profile.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the Primary Years, Middle Years, Diploma, or Career Related Curriculum.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the inter-relationships among the Primary Years, Middle Years, Diploma, or Career Related Curriculum.
- Produce interdisciplinary inquiry teaching units and lesson plans that support the learner profile.
- Demonstrate reflective practice and describe its relation to improving student outcomes.
- Demonstrate an understanding of collaborative planning, curriculum design and assessment.
- Demonstrate an understanding of constructivist learning.
- Demonstrate an understanding differentiated instruction to meet the needs of all students.
- Demonstrate an understanding of how classroom-based assessment strategies are designed and implemented to support the achievement of all students.
- Demonstrate an understanding of how assessment data is utilized to improve instruction.
- Produce task-specific assessment rubrics related to inquiry instruction.
- Demonstrate an understanding that the development of assessment strategies, tasks and rubrics acknowledge the learning needs of students with different levels of competency, types of ability, learning styles and learning difficulty.
- Write a Review of the Literature.
- Write a Professional Paper.
Graduate Certificate In Global Teaching
Plans of Study