- Applicant must have a financial hardship resulting from a sudden or unexpected occurrence;
- Applicant must be a currently enrolled undergraduate, graduate or professional UNLV student;
- Applicant must be in good academic and conduct standing with UNLV;
- An applicant is only eligible to apply for this emergency assistance fund once per academic year;
- Fund disbursement will not exceed $500;
- Applicant must fully complete the application to be considered for assistance. Follow the link to the application in the Application Process section below;
- Upon receipt of emergency funds, the applicant is required to schedule and attend one financial coaching session;
- A financial coaching session is required for an applicant to be considered for a second emergency funds request.
Students who meet the eligibility requirements may apply at the SOS Emergency Funds Application. Students are encouraged to provide supplemental information as part of their application, but it is not a requirement.
Supplemental information may include, but is not limited to:
- Documentary evidence (photographs or videos)
- Income verification
- Letters of support
- Medical bills
- Repair estimate(s)
Requests will be reviewed within two (2) business days. If approved, funds will disburse to a student’s account within five (5) business days from date of approval.