The Thomas & Mack Center will host the Nationals Final Rodeo December 7-16. See below for details about campus road closures and parking lot impacts.
Tarkanian Way Closure
Tarkanian Way from Harmon Avenue to the Gray Lot west of the Thomas & Mack Center (TMC) will be closed Saturday, December 2 (after scheduled sporting events have concluded) through Sunday, December 17. It is scheduled to reopen on Monday, December 18.
To access Tropicana Avenue from Harmon Avenue, use the drive west of the Lied Library. This route leads to the access road north of the TMC and ultimately to the drive leading to Tropicana Ave. The access road is available until 4:15 p.m. on weekdays. After this time, take Harmon Avenue to University Center Drive or Paradise Road.
Please note: This access road may close for brief periods of time before December 18 when horses, etc. are on the roadway.
Parking Lot Impacts
- December 3-18
- The far eastern portion of the Gray Lot will be closed for the Pro Rodeo Zone.
- December 6-18
- Gray Lot: The near eastern portion of this lot (approximately 750 spaces) will be closed for NFR shuttle transportation.
- Scarlet VIP Lot: A portion of this lot (approximately 320 spaces) will be closed after 10 a.m. on each event day.
- Lot M (Naples Lot): The first two rows of this lot will be used for participant parking (approximately 330 spaces) after 10 a.m. on event days. The far west half of the lot will be used for bus and limo transportation and the central portion of the lot will remain open for student parking until 2 p.m. daily.
Additional parking is available in:
- Lot T south of the Stan Fulton Building
- Cottage Grove Parking Garage
- University Gateway Garage
- Garage parking should be available after 3 p.m.
Event Staff – Part-time staff working the event will park in the far west side of the Gray Lot.
Additional Traffic Impacts
For brief periods in the evening, traffic will be redirected at the Wilbur St. entrance off of Tropicana Avenue.
All university permit holders will be allowed access to the Tropicana Parking Garage, which will be staffed to control space availability. The heaviest inflow of traffic to the area will be between 3:30 p.m. and 6 p.m. Message boards will be placed in the area and a Clark County traffic technician will be on site to assist with traffic lights.