The following specialty examinations ar offered at UNLV:
- Abdomen (AB)
- BREAST (BR)
Students must meet the following requirements to apply and take their specialty examination.
- Successful completion of 120 credits of the Ultrasound Program and graduated with a Bachelor’s degree.
- Successful completion of 1-year full time clinical ultrasound/vascular experience.
- Copy of the Bachelor’s degree or a copy of the official transcript.
- Letter signed by the program director verifying length of ultrasound or vascular experience
- A clinical verification (CV) form. They can be found on ARDMS.org/CV.
- A copy of a non-expired government issued photo identification (ID) card with signature.
- A fee of $250.00
Once a person passes their SPI exam, and an ultrasound specialty exam, they are considered a registered medical sonographer.