Doctor of Philosophy - Teacher Education
The Ph.D. in Teacher Education in the Department of Teaching & Learning is projected for professional educators who have an interest in becoming practitioner-oriented scholars in teacher education and who are interested in teacher education as a content area for research. Completing this degree will enable individuals to answer the national call for teacher educators and researchers in this field. The program is one of only a few in the nation devoted to teacher education.
For information regarding accreditation at UNLV, please head over to Academic Program Accreditations.
Upon completion of this program, graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate college-level teaching experience.
- Connect theory and research related to teaching and learning to the practice of teaching in schools and to the practice of teaching university courses.
- Design and conduct research using quantitative and qualitative methodologies with particular emphasis on applied research in the context of diverse schools.
- University or college professor
- Curriculum leader
- Educational consultant
- Researcher at private and public institutions
- District administrators
- Director/administrator of state and national departments of education
If there are no Plans of Study listed under this program, they may be listed under one of its sub-plans.