The Executive Vice President and Provost (EVP & P) serves as the university’s chief academic and budget officer and as the chief executive officer of the university in the absence of the President. The office oversees and aligns academic and budgetary policy and priorities. It provides leadership to support an interdisciplinary, student-centered culture across the campus especially in the area of retention, progression, and completion.
The EVP & P is charged with the overall administration of all academic units, works closely with deans and faculty to develop, implement, and promote educational and scholarship goals, and provides leadership to ensure achievement of the university’s mission.
The office works with the Faculty Senate on matters of academic policies and the general welfare to the university; works with professional and classified staff; and advises the President on plans, policies, and operations. It also oversees all aspects of discipline and academic accreditation, allocation of teaching and research facilities, faculty development, and academic personnel. It coordinates the university’s priorities within the Nevada System of Higher Education’s priorities.
The EVP & P’s office is responsible for implementing UNLV's recently developed Strategic Diversity Leadership Plan. As a designated Minority Serving Institution (MSI), diversity is a core aspect of UNLV’s identity and the university has a diverse environment where students and faculty come from all over the world.
The Executive Vice President and Provost’s direct reports include:
- Senior Vice Provost
- Vice Provost for Information Technology
- Assistant Vice President, Academic Resources
- Academic Success Center
- School of Allied Health Sciences
- Lee Business School
- School of Community Health Sciences
- School of Dental Medicine
- College of Education
- Howard R. Hughes College of Engineering
- College of Fine Arts
- Graduate College
- Honors College
- William F. Harrah College of Hotel Administration
- William S. Boyd School of Law
- College of Liberal Arts
- School of Medicine
- School of Nursing
- College of Sciences
- University Libraries
- Greenspun College of Urban Affairs
- Special Assistant to the EVP/Provost
The EVP & P works closely with the following groups:
- Faculty Leadership – Faculty Senate Chair and Executive Committee
- Student Leadership – Consolidated Students of the University of Nevada, Las Vegas (CSUN) and the Graduate and Professional Student Association (GPSA)
- Division of Student Affairs
- External donors and stakeholders