The Office of Research Integrity – Human Subjects seeks to safeguard the rights and welfare of human subjects involved in research conducted by UNLV faculty, staff, and students. The office assists and supports the UNLV Institutional Review Boards (both the Social/Behavioral Sciences and Biomedical Sciences IRBs) in their efforts to:
- Ensure that subjects are adequately informed of the nature of the study
- Ensure that subjects’ participation is voluntary
- Ensure that the benefits of a study outweigh its risks
- Ensure that the risks and benefits of the study are evenly distributed among the possible subject populations
- Suspend and report human subjects research activity that violates regulations, policies, procedures, or an approved protocol.
Resources and Information
- Info for Researchers — Find information on submitting human subjects research proposals.
- Info for Research Subjects — Learn about participating in research as a subject.
- Institutional Review Boards — View information about the UNLV IRBs, including meeting schedules and membership.
- Policies and Regulations — Review information about federal, state, and local regulations/laws and UNLV policies and procedures.
- Forms — Link to IRB forms.
- Additional Resources — Better understand human subjects research.
- Report a Concern — File an anonymous complaint or to report a concern about a human research subject project.
Dr. Lori Olafson
Cindy Lee-Tataseo, BS, CIP
Sr. Human Research Administrator
Human Protections Administrator
Dax Miller, CIP
Human Research Administrator
Christa Esparza, CIP
Toll free number: 877-895-2794
4505 S. Maryland Pkwy
Las Vegas, NV 89154-1047
Office Location: FDH 325-328