You are here

Prepare to Deploy

Note: All links open in a new window.

Step 1

Visit the Office of Veteran Services website to receive instructions and required paperwork.

Step 2

Notify each of your instructors and schedule an appointment with your academic advisor.

Step 3

Determine what to do in your current classes – several options are available.

Option 1: Take an incomplete grade

Students, who have met the criteria established in the undergraduate catalog to receive an incomplete grade, may be granted an incomplete at the discretion of their instructors. The student has until the end of the next regular semester to complete the course, or the incomplete will change to an F grade. With the approval of the instructor, incomplete grades may be extended by filing a petition with the Faculty Senate Office.

Option 2: Withdraw prior to the 50 percent Drop Date

Drop your classes via MyUNLV and file an appeal with the Tuition & Fee Appeals Committee documenting your status to receive a refund. Turn in the appeal form and a copy of your deployment orders to the Office of Veteran Services.

Option 3: Withdraw after the 50 percent Drop Date

File a petition through the Faculty Senate Office. The petition must be signed by your academic advisor, chair and dean. Note a request for tuition refund on your appeal. Turn the form in to the Office of Veteran Services along with a copy of your deployment orders.

Step 4

If you are receiving GI Bill benefits – Complete a Semester Enrollment Form indicating the classes you are dropping and submit to the Office of Veteran Services.