Ten Tips for Science Undergrads
Members of the Undergraduate Council compiled a "Top Ten" list of tips for College of Sciences undergraduates.
- Students must ask questions.
- Most laboratory sessions are scheduled for three hours, and they meet for the full time. Prepare to be there for the full three hours.
- Professors do not always provide study sheets as study guides for exams. Students are expected to keep up with the material in class.
- Join/form efficient study groups. Also there are many pre-professional and student organizations on campus, such as Dental Prospects, Minority Science Student Program (MSSP), Chemical Interactions, Undergraduate Council, and a host of others.
- Register early for classes. Many classes fill quickly.
- Get to know your professors.
- There are research opportunities available through the College of Sciences. Inquire about them in areas where you have an interest.
- There are four libraries on campus.
- A vast majority of your time will be spent studying, including weekends. Always prepare early for exams.
- Arrive early for classes, especially on exam days. You may need the extra time.