Master of Science in Management Information Systems
The Master of Science in Management Information Systems (MS MIS) program prepares graduates for professional careers in the management of information technology (IT). The MS MIS focuses on the application of technology to help achieve organizational goals and solve business problems. MIS students earn competency in IT, embedded in a business context, that provides them with well-rounded preparation for occupations in high demand. Recent graduates are pursuing careers in a variety of roles, such as project manager, IT manager, business analyst, database analyst, network engineer, and systems consultant.
- In-depth understanding of systems thinking and ways that information technology can be used to enhance effectiveness of the individual and organizations.
- Ability to critically analyze business problems and apply scientific methods and computer applications to obtain business solutions.
- Comprehensive understanding of the theoretical basis of management information systems and current research questions.
- Ability to learn on a continuing basis to stay current with rapidly changing technologies.
- Ability to effectively communicate the technology and its application to business executives and users of information systems.
- Business knowledge and state of the art technical skills to function as an information technology professional in public or private organization.
- Preparedness to enter a doctoral program in MIS.