Master of Science - Hotel Administration
The 36-hour Master of Science in Hotel Administration degree program will prepare you for a successful career as an upper-level executive in the hospitality industry or as an instructor/researcher in a hospitality education program. You will have an opportunity to choose from a variety of electives on topics including but not limited to hospitality education; entrepreneurship; organizational behavior; gaming; and tourism. In addition, you can further explore the industry through an internship or independent study.
The decision as to topic and format for your final project will be based on your career goals and made through consultation with your advisor.
- Fall Admit
- July 15 (International Students, May 1)
- Spring Admit
- November 15 (International Students, October 1)
- Examine the functions of human resource management, with special attention to strategic human resource alliances and developing trends.
- Apply accounting and financial information to executive decision making in the hospitality industry.
- Develop marketing & advertising systems for hospitality industries based on the need to create new markets and the need to respond to significant shifts in social and economic patterns.
- Examine service marketing and management concepts relevant to the hospitality industry and explore how these concepts can be applied to service delivery systems
- Examine research methods including: scientific method, literature review, sampling, statistics, research design and analytical technique.
- Examine mechanisms and techniques employed in the management of hotel management, convention and meetings management, casino management, or food service management.
- Develop critical analytical skills to assess the quality of the research and information that students will encounter in their professional lives.
- Conduct independent research in their major area of work on the analysis of a problem for a hospitality organization.
- Plan, organize, design, construct, and carry out research to help solve identified problems.
UNLV is unable to provide fully online education to students from certain states. Visit the State Compliance page for more information.