Students enrolled in the kinesiology degree programs discover, apply, and advance knowledge of physical activity as it relates to physical fitness, health, and performance. Department faculty develop and support academic programs and research that focus on injury prevention and rehabilitation, maintenance and improvement of physical fitness, wellness and performance, and factors governing human movement. The degree programs are designed to prepare students for a variety of career possibilities and success in their future educational pursuits.
The degree programs in kinesiology focus on the study of human performance. Students will study foundational sciences, such as anatomical kinesiology, biomechanics, exercise physiology, motor behavior, and the social psychology of physical activity. Graduate degrees are designed to provide theoretical foundations of the movement-based sciences.
- View Minor in Kinesiological Sciences Program
- View Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology Program
- View Master of Science in Exercise Physiology Program
- View Master of Science in Kinesiology Program
- View Doctor of Philosophy in Kinesiology Program
- View Admission Requirements
- View Graduate Student Handbook
- View Career Possibilities
University of Nevada, Las Vegas
Department of Kinesiology and Nutrition Sciences
4505 S. Maryland Parkway
Las Vegas, NV 89154-3034
Bigelow Health Sciences (BHS), Room 319
8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday