Guiding today’s health and human science scholars towards a successful matriculation an inclusive collegiate experience.
The Division of Health Sciences (DHS) Advising Center provides guidance for all undergraduate students in the School of Nursing, the School of Community Health Sciences, and the School of Allied Health Sciences.
Admitted undergraduate students are encouraged to see an advisor one to two times each semester for all major and general education requirements.
Academic advisors are available every day by appointment and are excited to meet with you to help you plan and achieve your goals. Advisors are well informed about the institution’s resources for students and will provide appropriate referrals. Advisors assist you in the development of meaningful educational plans that are compatible with your personal and/or career goals.
During advising sessions you will learn to:
- Read and interpret degree worksheets.
- Review academic requirement reports via MyUNLV.
- Enroll in appropriate general education and degree course requirements.
- Make informed decisions concerning your degree, major and career goals.
- Understand and initiate discussions regarding relevant university policies and procedures.
- Use campus resources appropriate to your needs.
- Exhibit informed decision making and take responsibility for your academic success.
- Graduate in a timely manner based on your individual education plan.