Our Mission: Guiding today’s health and human science scholars toward a successful matriculation and inclusive collegiate experience.
The Division of Health Sciences (DHS) Advising Center provides guidance to all undergraduate students in the School of Allied Health Sciences, the School of Community Health Sciences, and the School of Nursing.
Admitted undergraduate students are encouraged to see an advisor once or twice each semester for all general and major education requirements.
Academic advisors are available by appointment Monday through Friday and will help you plan and achieve your goals. Advisors are well informed about the university’s available resources for students, will provide appropriate referrals, and will devise meaningful educational plans that are compatible with your goals.
During advising sessions you will learn to:
- Read and interpret degree worksheets.
- Review academic requirement reports via MyUNLV.
- Enroll in appropriate general education and degree course requirements.
- Make informed decisions concerning your degree, major, and career goals.
- Understand and initiate discussions regarding relevant university policies and procedures.
- Use campus resources appropriate to your needs.
- Make informed decisions and take responsibility for your academic success.
- Develop an education plan that will enable you to graduate in a timely manner.