The Division of Health Sciences Advising Center provides academic guidance to all undergraduate students within the School of Allied Health Sciences, the School of Community Health Sciences, and the School of Nursing.
Admitted undergraduate students should schedule meetings with their advisors once or twice each semester to review needed classes, discuss schedules, and evaluate plans for timely graduations.
Before meeting with an advisor, a new student must complete the following steps:
- Activate your Rebelmail email account.
- Activate your MyUNLV account.
- Register for New Student Orientation (NSO). Go the “Student Center” in your MyUNLV account and click on the "Register for Orientation" link.
Freshmen are required to attend NSO before meeting with an academic advisor. Email email@example.com if you have any questions.
Transfer students may waive NSO, but must schedule an appointment with an advisor before registering for their first semesters at UNLV.
- Submit official ACT/SAT for MATH/ENG placement and/or AP scores to UNLV Admissions Office.
- Submit transcripts for any college you may have attended to UNLV Admissions Office.
Academic advisors are available by appointment Monday through Friday. If you have additional questions, call the Health Sciences Advising Center main office: 702-895-5448.
During advising sessions you will learn to:
- Read and interpret degree worksheets.
- Review academic requirement reports via MyUNLV.
- Enroll in appropriate general education and degree course requirements.
- Make informed decisions concerning your degree, major, and career goals.
- Understand and initiate discussions regarding relevant university policies and procedures.
- Use campus resources appropriate to your needs.
- Make informed decisions and take responsibility for your academic success.
- Develop an education plan that will enable you to graduate in a timely manner.