Nevada Entertainer/Artist Hall of Fame
2017 Nevada Entertainer/Artist Hall of Fame
Inductees and Award Recipients
To Be Announced
Tuesday, March 07, 2017
Cocktail Reception, 5:30 p.m.
Dinner and Ceremony, 6:45 p.m.
Ballroom, UNLV Student Union
$75 includes cocktails, dinner, ceremony
Or by phone at 702-895-2455
Inspiring the Students
The College of Fine Arts at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, has become a leader in preparing students for careers in the arts. Our students have gone on to become award-winning producers and directors; they have danced on Broadway and on the stages of some of the most extraordinary shows in the world; and they have designed award-winning resorts, golf courses, and gaming properties. Their success can be attributed to their talent, excellent faculty, and the firsthand experience they received while studying in a city such as Las Vegas.
Many of our students have been inspired by, and learned much from, generous artists who have given so much of their time – persons such as Tony Curtis, Phyllis McGuire, Vince Falcone, Matt Damon, Anthony Zuiker, and other individuals who have taken time out of their demanding schedules to teach UNLV students.
It is only fitting that the UNLV College of Fine Arts establish the Nevada Entertainer/Artist Hall of Fame at UNLV to honor those people who have contributed to the arts in Southern Nevada.
About the Hall of Fame
The Nevada Entertainer/Artist Hall of Fame at UNLV was founded in 2003 to honor past and present residents of Southern Nevada who have made a significant impact in the areas of visual arts, performing arts and/or architecture.
Each year inductees are presented with The Sidney Award, named for Academy Award-winning director and Las Vegas resident George Sidney who was posthumously inducted in to the inaugural Nevada Entertainer/Artist Hall of Fame at UNLV in 2003. Sidney, a three-time Academy Award-winning director and producer, worked with such legends as Tony Curtis, Frank Sinatra, Clark Gable, Howard Keel, Ann-Margret, and Lana Turner. Sidney was a frequent guest lecturer in UNLV film classes, providing students with priceless insights into the industry.
- 2015 Inductees — Keith G. Boman, M.D., Gary Nelson, Paul Curtis Steelman; Jack A. Rappaport, Dean’s Medal recipient; Joe Aldridge ‘79, 2014 College of Fine Arts Alumnus of the Year
- 2014 Inductees — Tim Bavington, Sue Kim, Joe Williams (posthumously); June T. Brennan, Dean’s Medal recipient; Ronnie Vannucci '11, 2013 College of Fine Arts Alumnus of the Year
- 2013 Inductees — Vincent Falcone, Joel Bergman, Jeanette Farmer; Robin & Danny Greenspun, Dean’s Medal recipients; Eric Whitacre ’95, 2012 College of Fine Arts Alumnus of the Year
- 2012 Inductees — Penn & Teller, George Garlock, Peter Foy (posthumously); Edward D. Smith, Dean’s Medal recipient; David Howryla ’97, ’00, 2011 College of Fine Arts Alumnus of the Year
- 2011 Inductees — Danny Gans (posthumously), Roger Thomas, The Rainbow Company Youth Theatre; Thomas Schoeman, Dean’s Medal recipient
- 2009 Inductees — Bernice Fischer, Lorraine Hunt-Bono, Liberace (posthumously), Siegfried & Roy, William E. Snyder FAIA
- 2008 Inductees — Robert Goulet (posthumously), Clint Holmes, Tony Marnell, Vassili Sulich, The Killers
- 2007 Inductees — Nancy Houssels, Rich Little, Thomas Schoeman, Anthony Zuiker
- 2006 Inductees — Frederic Apcar, Mary Healy Hayes, John Klai II, Wayne Newton
- 2005 Inductees — Phyllis McGuire
- 2004 Inductee — Tony Curtis
- 2003 Inductee — George Sidney
Who would you like to see in the Nevada Entertainer/Artist Hall of Fame next year? Nominate your choice for next year's Sidney Award! Please complete the downloadable nomination form and either mail or fax the completed form to:
College of Fine Arts
4505 S. Maryland Parkway, Box 455013
Las Vegas, NV 89154-5013