The Advising Center provides guidance for all undergraduate students in the School of Nursing, the School of Community Health Sciences, and the School of Allied Health Sciences.
Undergraduate students are encouraged to meet with an advisor for all general education requirements.
Academic advisors are available every day by appointment and are eager to meet with you to help you plan and achieve your goals. Advisors are well informed about the institution’s resources for students and will provide appropriate referrals. Advisors assist you in the development of meaningful educational plans that are compatible with your personal and/or career goals.
During advising sessions, you will learn to:
- Read and interpret degree worksheets.
- Review academic requirement reports via MyUNLV.
- Enroll in appropriate general education and degree course requirements.
- Make informed decisions concerning your degree, major, and career goals.
- Understand and initiate discussions regarding relevant university policies and procedures.
- Use campus resources appropriate to your needs.
- Exhibit informed decision making and take responsibility for your academic success.
- Graduate in a timely manner based on your individual education plan.
Hours and Location
Make an appointment by calling 702-895-5448.
Monday–Friday 8 a.m. – Noon and 1 – 5 p.m.
William D. Carlson Education Building (CEB), Room 399 A-G
No appointment necessary
Tuesdays, 1-4 p.m.
Wednesdays, 8:30-11:30 a.m. and 1-4 p.m.
(First come, first served. Ending time subject to change based on number of students and advisor availability)
*Special open advising hours for the week before and first week of spring and fall semesters:
Monday-Friday, 8:30-11:30 a.m. and 1-4 p.m.