If you would like to enroll in undergraduate courses at UNLV without being officially accepted into a degree-granting program, you may apply to UNLV as a non-degree-seeking student. The non-degree application fee is $30.
This category may apply to:
- Students who do not meet the general admission requirements but would like to earn UNLV credits.
- Students who missed the application deadline but still wish to enroll in classes.
- Visiting students who want to enroll in UNLV courses and transfer the credits to their home institution.
- Students seeking personal or professional fulfillment.
- Students who would like to take English language classes.
- Current high school students who participate in the Early Studies Program and would like to earn UNLV credit while still in high school.
Important Information about Non-Degree Status
- Non-degree-seeking students are not eligible for federal financial aid or state aid.
- A maximum of 24 undergraduate credits earned as a non-degree-seeking student may be applied as transfer credit towards a UNLV degree program. (Remedial courses are not considered transferable in the UNLV admissions process.)
- UNLV does not request or evaluate transcripts for non-degree-seeking students. Non-degree-seeking students wishing to enroll in classes that have prerequisites must get special permission from the department offering the class.
- Students who have previously attended UNLV must be in good academic standing with UNLV in order to attend as a non-degree-seeking student.
- Non-degree-seeking students may visit the Academic Success Center for academic advising.
- All non-degree-seeking students will be automatically categorized as non-residents for tuition purposes. If you would like to be considered in-state for tuition purposes, you must apply for residency.
Apply as a Non-Degree-Seeking Student
Please complete all fields of the application as well as the credit card authorization form.
The fee for an Undergraduate Non-Degree-Seeking Application is $30.
- Undergraduate Non-Degree-Seeking Application
- Credit Card Authorization form
- Submit your Undergraduate Non-Degree-Seeking Application by:
- Dropping off your completed application and credit card authorization form to the Office of Admissions. The Office of Admissions is located in the Student Services Complex (SSC), Building B.
- Emailing your completed application and credit card authorization form to email@example.com.
- If you have questions or concerns, please contact the Office of Admissions.