F.A.S.T. (Faculty and Staff Treatment)
NEW: For those with the PEBP PPO/CDHP plan, the Pharmacy is now able to bill directly to the insurance, and there is no charge for the flu shot! Please bring your insurance card. For those with another insurance plan or without insurance, the flu shot is available for the low cost of $20. Flu shots are available 9am-1pm and 2-4pm Monday-Friday. Please call the Pharmacy for any questions: (702) 895-0278.
Important Information on Zika Virus
Zika is a virus transmitted to people primarily through the bite of an infected mosquito. Spread of the virus has also been reported through blood transfusion and sexual contact. It is possible the Zika virus can be passed from a mother to her baby during pregnancy and linked to a specific birth defect called microcephaly.
The incubation period (time from exposure to symptoms) of Zika virus disease is not clear, but is likely to be a few days. The most common symptoms of Zika virus disease are fever, rash, joint pain, and conjunctivitis (red eyes). The illness is usually mild with symptoms lasting from several days to a week. Severe disease requiring hospitalization is uncommon. Currently there is no vaccine to prevent or medication to treat Zika. Treatment for symptoms of Zika is rest, fluids, and medication such as acetaminophen (Tylenol) to relieve fever and pain. Do not take aspirin or other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (such as ibuprofen).
To date, no locally transmitted Zika cases have been reported in the continental United States, but cases have been reported in returning travelers from countries and territories with active Zika virus transmission. Women who are pregnant or trying to become pregnant are advised to postpone travel to areas with Zika virus transmission. Travelers can limit their exposure to Zika and other mosquito-borne illnesses by takingprecautions to prevent mosquito bites.
Please contact the UNLV Student Health Center at 702-895-3370 or Faculty and Staff Treatment (FAST) Center at 702-895-0630 if you have any questions or concerns.
The UNLV Student Wellness Center offers healthcare services to faculty, staff, and their dependents (ages 5 and older) at the Student Recreation and Wellness Center.
The F.A.S.T. (Faculty and Staff Treatment) Center provides fast and convenient access to medical care for UNLV employees and their dependents.
For your convenience, we now offer scheduled appointments or same-day appointments in the clinic. Please complete, print and bring the New Patient Forms with you to your scheduled appointment.
In compliance with Title IX, the University of Nevada, Las Vegas prohibits discrimination in employment, as well as in all programs and activities, on the basis of sex.
Services provided include the diagnosis and treatment of minor illness and injuries such as:
- Cough, cold, and flu
- Sore throats and sinus infections
- Bronchitis and pneumonia
- Allergies and asthma
- Sprains and strains
- Headaches and acute migraine
- Urinary tract infections
- Ear and eye infections
- Rashes and skin infections
- Heartburn and abdominal pain
- Lab tests (for patients 12 years and older) — Tests may be ordered from F.A.S.T. health care providers or community providers.
- Pharmacy services — We fill prescriptions written by F.A.S.T. health care providers and community providers.
- Sports Physicals
- GYN exams and Pap Smears
- Hepatitis B (screening and immunization)
- O.M.T. (Osteopathic Manipulative Treatment). Please call 895–0630 for more information.
- Registered Dietitian (RD) Appointments: The dietitian is available to see current UNLV faculty, staff and their eligible dependents over age 18. Learn more about the Registered Dietitian.
Unfortunately, the F.A.S.T. Center is unable to provide routine childhood immunizations. Please see your child's pediatrician or family practitioner for these necessary immunizations.
Most same-day services have a co-pay of $20 regardless of whether you are on either the HMO or CDHP (PPO) plan. Healthscope cards may be used, but the amount will not count toward your deductible. Other fees may apply.
Registered Dietitian (RD) Fees: $40 for initial 60-min appointment. $20 for follow-up 30-min appointment. Fee due at time of check-in. Healthscope cards may be used, but the amount will not count towards your deductible.
Appointments are available in the F.A.S.T. Center: FAST Center Hours
- Call 702-895-0630 for an appointment with a health care provider.
- Call 702-895-0280 for lab/blood draw appointments (ages 18 and older).
- Same-day and future appointments may be scheduled (as available).
- No appointments or walk-ins available during lunch (1 p.m.–2 p.m.).
- Closed weekends and holidays.
Registered Dietitian (RD) Appointments
- Same-day or scheduled (Subject to availability):
- Summer — Wed./Thurs. 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
- Fall/Spring — Tues/Wed/Thurs. 9 a.m.–6 p.m.
- Call 702-895-0630
Patients are encouraged to keep a three-day food journal prior to appointment.
Request for Records
If you are a new patient — please complete, print, and bring the following forms with you to your scheduled appointment:
- Authorization for Disclosure of Patient Health Information
- Notice of Privacy Practices
- Financial Agreement for Services
- Health History Form
- Consent for Treatment
- Arrive 30 minutes early to complete paperwork on your first visit.
- Employees should bring their RebelCard.
- Dependents should bring a copy of the employee's RebelCard.
- Minors must be 5 years of age or older and accompanied by parent or guardian.
- Bring the practitioner's orders and your insurance card(s) for blood draws.
Request for Records
Blood Draw Appointments