Community Assembly, Disturbance Ecology, Plant Ecology, Plant Succession, Restoration Ecology
Ph.D. University of Alaska, Fairbanks
- 2009-2010 — Wilder Chair in Botany, University of Hawaii, Manoa
- 2009 — UNLV Distinguished Barrick Scholar Award
- 2006 — ISI Web of Science Highly Cited Scientist in Ecology/Environment, Thomson Scientific, http://isihighlycited.com
- 2003 — Fulbright Senior Specialist Award, Iceland.
- 2001 — Distinguished Researcher Award, College of Sciences, UNLV
- 1997 — UNLV Barrick Scholar Award
- Mehltreter, K., L.R. Walker and J. Sharpe (eds.). 2010. Fern Ecology. Cambridge University Press. http://www.cambridge.org/catalogue/catalogue.asp?isbn=9780521728201
- Restrepo, C., L.R. Walker, A.B. Shiels, R. Bussman, L. Claessens, S. Fisch, P. Lozano, G. Negi, L. Paolini, G. Poveda, C. Ramos-Scharrón, M. Richter and E. Velázquez. 2009. Landsliding and its multi-scale influence on mountainscapes. BioScience 59:685-698.
- Walker, L.R. and R. del Moral. 2009. Lessons from primary succession for restoration of severely damaged habitats. Applied Vegetation Science 12:55-67.
- Hayes, W.E. II, L.R. Walker and E.A. Powell. 2009. Competitive abilities and ecological impacts of Tamarix aphylla in Southern Nevada. Plant Ecology 202: 159-167.
- Peltzer, D.A., P.J. Bellingham, H. Kurokawa, L.R. Walker, D.A. Wardle, and G.W Yeates. 2009. Punching above their weight: low biomass non-native plant species alter soil properties during primary succession. Oikos 118: 1001-1014.
- Shiels, A.B., C.A. West, L. Weiss, P.D. Klawinski and L.R. Walker. 2008. Soil factors predict initial plant colonization on Puerto Rican landslides. Plant Ecology 195: 165-178.
- Wardle, D.A., R. D. Bardgett, L.R. Walker, D. Peltzer and A. Lagerstrom. 2008. Patterns of plant diversity across contrasting long-term chronosequences. Oikos 117: 93-103.
- del Moral, R. and L. R. Walker. 2007. Environmental Disasters, Natural Recovery and Human Responses. Cambridge University Press.
- Walker, L.R., J. Walker and R. Hobbs (Eds.). 2007 Linking Restoration and Ecological Succession. Springer.
- Walker, L.R., P.B. Bellingham, and D.A. Peltzer. 2006. Plant characteristics are poor predictors of microsite colonization during the first two years of primary succession. Journal of Vegetation Science 17:397-406.
- Wardle, D., L.R. Walker, and R.D. Bardgett. 2004. Ecosystem properties and forest decline in contrasting long term chronosequences. Science 305:509-513.
- Walker, L.R. and R. del Moral. 2003. Primary Succession and Ecosystem Rehabilitation.Cambridge University Press, Cambridge.
- Walker, L.R. (Ed.). 1999. Ecosystems of Disturbed Ground. Elsevier, Amsterdam.