Community Assembly, Disturbance Ecology, Plant Ecology, Plant Succession, Restoration Ecology
Ph.D. University of Alaska, Fairbanks
- 2009-2010 — Wilder Chair in Botany, University of Hawaii, Manoa
- 2009 — UNLV Distinguished Barrick Scholar Award
- 2006 — ISI Web of Science Highly Cited Scientist in Ecology/Environment, Thomson Scientific, http://isihighlycited.com
- 2003 — Fulbright Senior Specialist Award, Iceland.
- 2001 — Distinguished Researcher Award, College of Sciences, UNLV
- 1997 — UNLV Barrick Scholar Award