Professional Master of Arts in Criminal Justice
The Professional Master of Arts degree is designed to serve the needs of professionals currently working in justice-related agencies by providing the knowledge and skills to enhance their performance in current positions and/or prepare them for career advancement. The curriculum provides students with advanced knowledge of the nature of the crime; criminal justice institutions and processes; current criminal justice policy; and training in research methods, statistics, and program evaluation.
The program will also be open to students seeking a terminal master's degree and a career in the criminal justice system. Upon completion of the program, students will have furthered their understanding of crime and the criminal justice system and will be able to conduct evaluations of policies and programs within various agencies in the justice system.
By the end of the Professional Master’s Degree Program, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge and understanding of the nature of crime.
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge and understanding of criminal justice institutions and processes, and current criminal justice policy.
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge and understanding of research methods, statistics and program evaluation techniques.
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge and skills necessary to effectively conduct and/or evaluate social policy research in criminal justice related organizations.
- Demonstrate enhanced knowledge, skills, and performance among practitioners already employed in federal, state, and local criminal justice organizations.