You are here
Homepage Slide Criteria
The featured item must
- Have interest or affect multiple university stakeholders
- Reinforce the university’s core mission and messages: research, arts & culture, education and community impact.
Audience pages (Students, Alumni, Faculty/Staff, Donors, etc.) should be
- Used to announce specific items of interest to a targeted group.
- Students page: Admissions & registration deadlines, call for entries, RSVP requests, etc.
- Faculty/Staff: HR training, internal communications and announcements, etc.
What we will feature
Campus Impact and Emergency Notices
- Server down periods, campus closures (Winter Break, Budget, Town Halls)
- Student, alumni, and faculty stories (taken from campus publications, including Impacts, UNLV Magazine, college/alumni e-newsletters)
Major Campus Events
- Convocation, Commencement, Rebel Connection, Homecoming
- Building openings and dedication ceremonies
Major Performing Arts Events
- Notable national and world performers
Major Athletic Accomplishments
- Conference, national and international championships
- Individual alumni achievements
Major Campaign Announcements & Milestones
- 50th Anniversary
- Long-range Fundraising Campaigns
- Prominent figure known by a broad general audience (current and past national presidents, Nobel Laureates, prominent journalists and/or writers)
- Special consideration will be given to the Barrick Lecture Series, Brookings Institution lectures, and Black Mountain Institute speakers
- Subject to the death and memorial policy
Major University Recruitment Efforts
- Open houses for California students
What we will not feature
- As a general rule lectures should be featured in the calendar, not on the homepage slide rotation
Specific Class Offerings
- Because of sheer volume, we cannot accommodate this request; however, occasionally bundling several offerings together is acceptable.
- Student Recreation Center summer offerings, Continuing Education, Summer Term, Mid-Semester Grades, etc.
- Unless the move affects crucial services accessed by a broad audience.
New Website Launch/Releases
- Unless part of a major campus event.
College Recruitment and Fundraising Events
- College websites and audience pages should be used to promote these events.
Calls for Entries/or Participation
- In research studies, contests, etc. These requests should be directed to the appropriate audience page.