Secondary Objectives and Measures
Secondary objectives were developed along with supporting metrics to help assess progress. These measures provide a clear picture of year-to-year progress, supplement the core themes/pathway goal and their metrics, and consist of both quantitative and qualitative measures.
Increase participation in post-secondary education (access).
- Percentage of 18-24 year olds enrolled at UNLV [STA M4A]
- Percentage of 25+ year olds enrolled at UNLV [STA M4B]
- Percentage of new enrollees direct from high school [STA M4C]
- Percentage of new enrollees scoring a 3 or 4 on ACT College Readiness [STA M4D]
Enhance the student experience and success.
- Yield statistics (demonstrating UNLV is a school of choice) [STA M5A]
- Student engagement, as measured by the National Survey of Student Engagement and Student Satisfaction Inventory [STA M5B]
- Student educational experiences in teaching and learning, as measured by the Student Satisfaction Index [STA M5C]
- Student satisfaction survey related to student services, campus environment, and safety [STA M5D]
Student wellness metrics related to services and academic impact. [STA M5E]
Graduation plus transfer rates [STA M5F]
Number of students earning a degree [STA M5G]
Close the achievement gap among underserved student populations.
- Enrollment distribution (percentage) by race/ethnicity [STA M6A]
- Distribution of degrees (percentage) by race/ethnicity [STA M6B]
- Number of students earning degrees by race/ethnicity [STA M6C]
- Graduation rates (percentage) by race/ethnicity [STA M6D]
- Percentage of minority students at UNLV earning a 3 or 4 on the ACT [STA M6E]
Contribute to the workforce.
- Degrees produced in high-demand fields [STA M7A]
Additional Indicators* That Demonstrate Success
- Student athletes who continue to meet and exceed Academic Progress Rate (APR) requirements. [STA S1A]
* Data and information for these indicators are tracked for informational purposes to show support of the overall core theme/pathway goal area.