Secondary Objectives and Measures
Secondary objectives were developed along with supporting metrics to help assess progress. These measures provide a clear picture of year-to-year progress, supplement the core themes/pathway goal and their metrics, and consist of both quantitative and qualitative measures.
Create and sustain an environment that supports research, scholarship, and creative activities.
- Office of Sponsored Programs: staffing and certification, newly awarded contract and grant budgets and counts, budget changes and modifications, award close-out and final reports [RSC M4A]
- Institutional Review Board: exempt, expedited, and student reviews; full committee reviews [RSC M4B]
- Purchasing: laboratory and research equipment, purchasing approval authority [RSC M4C]
Impact of research, scholarship, and creative activities in the academic and artistic communities.
- Commercially sponsored research [RSC M5A]
- Citations [RSC M5B]
- Commissioned and/or juried exhibitions or performances [RSC M5C]
- Philanthropic support for our research, scholarship, and creative activities [RSC M5D]
- Master’s and professional degrees granted per year, as appropriate for individual academic units [RSC M5E]
- Tenure and Tenure-Track Faculty Members [RSC M5F]
Create and sustain an environment that supports, encourages, and produces high-impact undergraduate and graduate student activities. [RSC M6]
- Undergraduate publications [RSC M6A]
- Undergraduate presentations [RSC M6B]
- Supervised research and research internships [RSC M6C]
- Graduate student opportunities: grant funded GAs, CGRAs (Community Graduate Research Assistants), and graduate fellowships, Student Success Institute engagement and participation in Grad Advance [RSC M6D]
Additional Indicators* That Demonstrate Success
- Rankings by the Carnegie Foundation for Advancement of Teaching, federal agencies, and other organizations (i.e., NSF, National Research Council, etc.), particularly Doctoral Universities: Highest Research Activity (R1) status. [RSC S1A]
- Increase breadth and depth of economic and cultural impact of the university’s activities in the community. [RSC S1B]
* Data and information for these indicators are tracked for informational purposes to show support of the overall core theme/pathway goal area.