Community Partnerships* Milestones
*In Top Tier 2.0, Economic Development has been separated into its own goal area known as “Socio-Economic Development,” and Community Partnerships is refocused around what we do for the community to enrich it. Updates will follow as this is further developed.
UNLV serves our communities in a multitude of ways. Visit the Community section of the website and UNLV News Center to learn more about our integral role in Southern Nevada and beyond.
- UNLV, in partnership with the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority, served as the host site for the final 2016 presidential debate, increasing UNLV’s national and international presence.
- Integrated Marketing & Branding launched a major branding campaign – Different, Daring, Diverse.
- A systematic process and guidelines were established to consistently brand campus with UNLV signage.
- The UNLV Foundation and Alumni Center joined together as one – the Division of Philanthropy and Alumni Engagement.
- The Office of Community Engagement was established to support engagement efforts.
- UNLV and MGM Resorts International announced a public-policy think tank chaired by Senator Harry Reid and Speaker John Boehner.
- The Boyd School of Law launched the Edward M. Bernstein & Associates Immigration Clinic Children's Rights Program.
- Student success became the strategic focus for student-athletes.
- A revised branding campaign – Rebels Make it Happen – was launched.
- UNLV is part of the MGM Resorts College Opportunity Program institution, helping MGM Resorts employees take the right steps to achieve their educational goals by offering access to online certificate and college degree programs, at no cost to MGM Resorts Employees.
- The Barrick Museum established “Bus to the Barrick” enabling K-12 CCSD groups to visit the Barrick for free where they take part in guided tours of the exhibitions followed by hands-on workshops.
- Government Affairs and Community Engagement were aligned as the Office of Government and Community Affairs.
- The UNLV School of Public Health, including epidemiologist Brian Labus, provided insights and answers for the local community and state in response to COVID-19.
- COVID-19 Testing was conducted at the UNLV Maryland campus and the School of Medicine Shadow Lane campus during the pandemic. This partnership operated in conjunction with Clark County, UMC, the Nevada National Guard, and UNLV.
- UNLV serves as a vaccination site for COVID-19, in partnership with staff and volunteers from UNLV Medicine, UNLV School of Nursing, CSN, and NSC Schools of Nursing, and UNLV Student Health.