Action Plan: Academic Health Center
The leading academic health center in Nevada where:
- resources of a research intensive university work synergistically to improve the health of Nevadans through education, research, clinical care, and community engagement;
- the application of an interdisciplinary approach is used to affect change and meet the health needs of individuals, populations, and communities within Nevada; and
- innovations have a meaningful impact that will transform the health of Nevada and the world.
The Academic Health Center (AHC) fosters a dynamic, humanistic environment that:
- promotes an innovative curricula that prepares a collaborative practice-ready workforce;
- advances a synergistic pathway toward excellence in research and scholarship;
- fosters collaborative, comprehensive person-centered clinical services; and
- stimulates reciprocal community engagement that enhances the visibility and demonstrates the value of the Academic Health Center.
In alignment with our vision and to fulfill our goal, our actions involve the following:
- Increase capacity and productivity in research, scholarship, innovation, and creativity to address the workforce challenges and opportunities of the future.
- Provide comprehensive, person-centered care that enhances the quality, accessibility, scope of clinical services, and expands community engagement toward improved collaboration and population health.
- Develop and implement prevention initiatives that work to improve the health and wellness of UNLV AHC faculty, students, staff, and the surrounding community.
Download AHC Strategic Plan Overview