About the Mars Theme
The Mars theme is developed by UNLV Web and Digital Strategy.
The Mars Theme is for official UNLV use only.
- Academic colleges, schools, and departments
- Administrative offices
- Research centers and institutes
- Vendor products purchased by campus units
This does not include:
- Registered student organizations
- Student web projects
- Personal off-campus websites
The Mars theme is available to campus in variety of ways:
- Become a Client: The Web and Digital Strategy office builds and maintains websites for many university units.
- Faculty Sites: Information Technology offers websites to campus units and faculty members. Included, is an option for WordPress with the Mars theme.
- Repositories: Static HTML and WordPress themes are available on GitHub.
Frameworks and Libraries
The Mars theme uses the following frameworks and libraries:
- Drupal: The official UNLV website runs Drupal version 7. The theme is also available for download in WordPress and static HTML.
- Bootstrap: Bootstrap is a front-end framework. The Mars theme currently uses version 3.3.
- Google Fonts: The Mars theme uses the Roboto family for its typography. This includes Roboto, Roboto Condensed, and Roboto Slab.
- Font Awesome: The Mars theme uses Font Awesome for iconography.
The University of Nevada, Las Vegas is committed to making its website accessible to the widest possible audience, including individuals with disabilities. We strive to meet or exceed the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.0 A & AA) established by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) and use the Accessible Rich Internet Applications (ARIA) specification. Our efforts are in alignment with NSHE’s Policy for Information and Communications Technology Accessibility.