HYPER: Helping Young People Experience Recovery at UNLV
HYPER is a student organization that supports students in recovery with substance-free programming, leadership opportunities, and community.
H.Y.P.E.R. at UNLV is designed to create a supportive environment where students in recovery can continue long-term recovery, interact socially, excel academically, and be of maximum service to the University of Nevada Las Vegas, and the local, state, and national community.
Regular Peer-Support Meetings
Face to face weekly recovery meetings. We discuss relevant topics and allow time for member sharing and support. Feel free to bring your lunch!
How to Join the Student Organization
- Complete the Letter of Interest.
- Submit it to the Rebel Wellness Zone at [email protected], or return it in hard copy to the Rebel Wellness Zone on the second floor of the Student Recreation and Wellness Center.
- Program staff will contact you for an informal interview.
- Helping Young People Experience Recovery
- Foundation for Recovery
- Campus Recovery Programs
- Rebel Yell Article March 10, 2014
- Collegiate Recovery in Nevada
For questions about HYPER or more information, email [email protected] or call the Rebel Wellness Zone at 702-895-0288.
Please note that email messages are not confidential and are only staffed by Rebel Wellness Zone staff during regular office hours. Timely responses should not be expected. The Rebel Wellness Zone provides wellness education programs at UNLV, is not a confidential resource, and is not a counseling service. To discuss confidential concerns or seek counseling services, please call Counseling and Psychological Services at 702-895-3627. If you have a crisis or an emergency, contact 911 for immediate assistance.