Rebel Fitness Assessment
The Rebel Fitness Assessment includes measures of Body Composition, Cardiorespiratory Endurance, Muscular Strength and Endurance, and Flexibility. Determining the level of your personal fitness is imperative to designing an exercise program that will fit your specific needs. A fitness test is also a great way to establish a baseline which you can later measure your progress against.
- Cost: $15
- Duration: 30 min–45 min
To schedule an appointment, please visit the Rebel Wellness Zone located on the 2nd floor of the Student Recreation and Wellness Center.
Resting Heart Rate/ Blood Pressure: Resting heart rate and blood pressure are important indicators to measure as you begin and progress in your fitness routine.
- Circumference measurements.
- Body Compositions (Inbody): measures the ratio of lean body mass to fat mass.
- BMI: Body Mass Index, ratio of height and weight.
- Cardiovascular endurance testing.
- Muscular endurance testing.
- Additional tests may be included depending on your specific needs or fitness goals.
To Prepare for the Assessment and Get the Most Accurate Results:
- Wear athletic shorts, t-shirt, and athletic shoes.
- Drink plenty of fluids over the 24-hour period preceding the test to ensure normal hydration prior to the testing.
- Avoid heavy meals, tobacco, alcohol, and caffeine for at least 3 hours before testing. You may have a small snack 30 minutes to 1 hour before the test.
- Avoid exercise or strenuous physical activity the day of the test.
- Get an adequate amount of sleep (6-8 hours) the night before the test.
Drop-in Body Composition
Body composition refers to the relative percentages of body weight comprised of fat mass and fat-free or lean mass. Testing will be completed using bio-electrical impedance analysis (InBody). The InBody Test provides a comprehensive view of body composition balance. Participants leave with an explanation sheet of body composition and guidelines for healthy ranges.
- Cost: $5
- Duration: 5 min–10 min
*Drop-in screenings may be unavailable during scheduled fitness testing appointments. Please see Rebel Wellness Zone for any further questions.
A Registered Dietitian (RD) is on site to assist and guide students, faculty, and staff in developing nutritional goals.
- Cost: Free for students who have paid the Student Health Fee.
For further information, please see the Nutrition Consultations page
Appointments are scheduled in person, in the Rebel Wellness Zone, 2nd floor of SRWC.